Monday, December 2, 2013

New Britain Museum of American Art NBMAA (Ashur Durand)

    I visited the New Britain Museum of American Art in 2009 to view their Hudson River School exhibition. I am in awe of those painters and the level of detail is impressive to say the least. I studied those paintings very close... I actually spent almost the entire visit in that gallery. I used the opportunity to take some very close-up pictures for further examination at home and I thought I would post some of them for others to see.

    First up is a painting by Asher Brown Durand ( 1796-1886) Sunday Morning...

Asher Brown Durand ( 1796-1886)
Sunday Morning, 1860, Oil on Canvas,
Charles F. Smith Fund 1963.04.












 




To see more paintings from this visit please follow this link...
http://www.okeefe-arts.com/john_okeefe_2009_new-britain-museum-of-art_field-trip.shtml

No comments :

Post a Comment